Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No longer a baby boy...

So Ian "my body is my temple" Shuster has decided to give up diapers. (for those of you who don't know Ian well, this is a HUGE thing. Ian hates to mess with anything that has to do with his body - hates hair - washing, combing, cutting; hates to have his nails cut; fights brushing teeth; hates diaper changes, but runs screaming from the thought of underpants.)
So Sunday morning comes. It's warm and sunny and the big boys are off to California to visit the Shuster's and Petroi's for a couple days. Ian took a bath and refused to get dressed. Fine by me. About 45 mintues after his bath he comes tearing into my room saying he needs go sit on the potty! Woo hoo! We are now 4 days into it and he has only had 1 pee accident (which came that same morning after we went outside to play.) I am beyond proud and thrilled with the progress he has made. He even went at school this morning - and was sure to have his teacher remind me so he can get his two treats at home.
One for sittin'.
One for goin'.

No comments: