Sunday, August 30, 2009

Right into the Danger Zone













For DAYS now we have been running outside every time we hear "jet thunder". Finally today it was our turn to attend the Oregon International Airshow. This headliner this year was the US Air Force Thunderbirds, although, if you asked the boys, they only slightly outweighed the Robosaurus that picked up, crushed and burned 3 old beater cars (Cash for Clunkers, anyone?) It was hotter than h-e-l-l out there sitting in the sun all day, but we had plenty of water and Popsicles to keep us nice and sticky and momentarily cool.
I should also mention that I will be winning the Mom-of-the-Year Award. When we left for the show this morning it was completely overcast, windy and cool. I packed sweatshirts instead of sunscreen (even though I checked the forecast and it said high of 80 degrees today.) I never believe those guys - they've been wrong for days. It rained off and on all day yesterday - how should I know!?! Daddy to the rescue, he bought my poor sweating, squinting babies some new sunglasses (with flames, no less) and a second pair of industrial ear muffs! We're all a little crispy tonight, but we'll live.


1 comment:

LatteLover said...

Hey girl, you got some pretty fab-u-lous pics yourself! ;-) Looks like you had pretty great seats too! Love your blog...you crack me UP! ;-)