Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day, Year 6










I am having a harder time believing that my second baby is turning 4 in a few weeks than that my first baby is a toothless 6 year old. But yesterday I celebrated my 6th mothers day, thanks to both of those goof balls! How is that even possible?! The little boys and I woke up yesterday and went to church and got doughnuts. Then we came home and made stepping stones to put in our growing garden. Easier said than done. Nate wanted his to look just like the picture on the box. That's all well and good assuming that they give you the same colored glass pieces pictured on the front. Not even close! Anyway, Ian pooped out after about 5 minutes, preferring to play in the dirt and look for worms. Nate decided to go with the abstract jeweled look and I did my best to finish mine and Ian's before the cement set too much. Oh well, all in a days work. They will be a fine addition to our garden.
After Dave got home from showing houses (totally mom approved - it sucks that he can't be here all the time but selling houses has to come first!) we headed up to the Westby's property for a all-Dad planned and prepared meal. The boys had fun exploring on their own for the first time. They went off to explore the woods, streams and old roads with only themselves, two squirt guns, and dad's cell phone! Ahhh, to be a child in 2009. Nate was sure to call and report in about every 5 minutes.

No comments: