Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not tonight, I'm Broke

Finally, another girl in the DKNI household! And she comes to visit almost every other day now. We invented her - to Poop Fairy. Not to be confused with the tooth fairy. She comes here too, but not so often.
Some know of Ian's "troubles" in the bathroom. We are making progress with the help of a wonderful probiotic and lots and lots of encouragement - but not too much! So a month or two ago, after several teeth lost, Ian was complaining of not having a fairy leaving money like Nate has the tooth fairy. Not so! We just needed to let the Poop fairy know she has a new customer. And so it began. Ian goes poo in the potty and the Poop fairy leaves a token of her appreciation, aka $.25.
We let Nate know that although the TF is real, we made up the PF. He was thrilled and loves to do the 'deed' after Ian is fast asleep, until tonight, that is.
At his bedtime, Ian was long asleep and I asked Nate if he would like to be the poop fairy tonight. He stopped dead in the hall, turned to me and in the tone of a person 20 years his senior said, "Well mom, I'd really love to but not tonight. I'm broke." I don't know why it was so hysterical but I burst out laughing both at his tone and the thought that I would actually make him come up with his own money for such a deed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!