Tuesday, August 26, 2008

From the mouth of Ian

We just got home from a pre-kindergarten playdate with some of Nate's classmates. This is the first time the kids (and parents) have ever met each other - one of the parents invited the whole class to a park for a 'get to know ya' event before school officially begins next week.

So we have all the kids sit in a circle after a while to do introductions. First, the kid, then the parents:

N: "I'm Nate."
I: "I'm Ian and I'm 3."
K: "I'm Kelli Shuster. My husband is Dave..."
I interrupts loudly: "We don't have a dad!"
K: "Yes, they have a dad, his name is Dave"
I: "Oh, ya, Dave's at work."
K: "Yes, Dave, their father, is at work - sometimes they call him Dave, he's their dad, I swear!"

Kind of embarrassing, definitely funny. They boys have been calling us both by our first names this week for some reason.

No comments: