Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Great(ful) Harvest


"Let's make fruit salad today mom!" he says as we are meandering the produce section at Costco. "Sure, sweetie," I answer. "And mom, we HAVE TO get strawberries from my garden!" Ugh. After being gone for nearly 2 weeks and God knows what kind of heat and birds have gotten to the garden (there is no direct water source since it is a raised bed, I hand water it when we are home). I reluctantly drive home, barely stopping the car before Nate heads up the hill to check his bounty.

Great bounty of berries. I'm grateful.

In other news, we stopped by the pet store today to get a couple new African Dwarf Frogs for the fish tank. Their names are Rock and Roll. Did you hear the story of how we lost Leap? (don't feel bad Dave, it was NOT your fault). I'm out Grocery Gaming one night. I come home and the boys are just headed to bed. "Tell mom about what we found in our kitchen tonight, boys," Dave says. A frog! Really, a frog? Darn kids are always leaving the screen door open blah blah blah. So they shoo'd the frog out the door and off the patio into the ivy.

A couple days later I am cleaning the tank and I can't find Leap, only Ribbit Ribbit.

Guess who escaped out the tiny cord hole in the back? ADFs only live in water, but they will try to escape if given the chance. May he rest in peace!

No comments: