Friday, August 22, 2008

One on One Time



Nate has been in VBS camp this week, half a day every day. My eyes have been opened to a whole other world facing me in two short weeks - one child.

The last time I had one child he was more than 3 years ago. Nate was 18 months old when I got pregnant with Ian. And I thought having one child was so hard. Pppfff! Having a 2 year old and a new baby ROCKED OUR WORLD! And for the most part, it's still rockin!
But this past week, being alone with Ian, has been so nice. For one, I have never really had any one on one time with Ian, not for an extended period of time anyway. It has been very refreshing to see what he is like with out being over shadowed by his older brother. (don't get me wrong, I adore the relationship they have, both the good and the bad). But as a 'younger' Ian's every move is because of Nate, what Nate is into, what Nate likes to play, what Nate wants to watch. Alone, I have seen a curious, silly, gentle child. He spent nearly an hour at the kitchen table yesterday morning while I was cleaning, gluing noodles and animal cookies to a paper plate - quietly! We went on a bug hunt and discovered a huge sunflower growing on the side of our house.
It's becoming more and more obvious to me that the transition to kindergarten may be as hard on Ian and it will Nate. Ian is going to have to try really hard to create his own identity over the next few months, and I look forward to watching it happen.

Last Born Children:

Last born children tend to be the easiest to define when it comes to the correlation between birth order and personality, this is mostly due to the fact that there is only one main type of last born.

Last Born Traits
Risk takers
Idealists
Good sense of humor
Hard working
Immature
Attention seeking
Secretive
Sensitive
Last born children are often considered the baby of the family, and live up to this role. At times it is difficult for the last born child to find his/her place in the family, as the first and middle child have already left huge footprints to follow in, and carved their own niche into the family.

Fun Facts

Famous last born children: Howard Stern, Jay Leno, Ralph Nadar, Bill Gates, and Danny DeVito
Tend to go against the norm
Make the biggest stirs in life
Know no boundaries

No comments: